Sunday, January 3, 2010

Freezing my toes off!

Yep, it is officially cold. Very very cold. I'm readay for a little warmth now I don't mind winter, but sub-zero wind chills are too much. The woodstove version of heat wars is going on. Put another log on, too many logs are on, let the logs burn down, the logs have burned down too far. and all the while, I'm still cold!

The Bible reading is still going well. It's more intensive than I thought it would be. Going through it in 90 days is quite a challenge. But, I know that it is going to be so fruitful. It already is. And the whole point of trying something new is to stretch yourself past the point of comfort to see what you can accomplish. I love reading the Word!

Today was a quiet day. I had a few errands to run, and we're getting ready for the start of school tomorrow. And sports. YEAH! It's going to be a busy time here, but that's the way we like it. So, let the insanity begin! Oh, did I mention that Katelyn turns 16 this week? She's counting down the days, and I'm trying to forget that she is growing up. She's become such a beautiful composed young lady. It seems like just yesterday that her father and I were married, and this girl on the verge of womanhood. Now, she's almost grown! I'm not ready. lol

I'm going to finish watching Masterpiece Theatre and head to bed. I want to just burrow under my blankets and not come out until the mercury rises above 25deg!

No comments:

Post a Comment