Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ok. I'm going to do something you won't see me do often. I'm going to talk football for just a minute. Bear with me. I haven't lost my mind or anything. And John, my dear husband, that doesn't mean I'm going to start watching it either. lol

This is an interesting article - http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85729

Here, Tim Tebow is literally wearing his faith on his face. But more than that, he walks his life out according to God's will. He makes God first and he makes sure everyone knows it.

Me being me, this made me start thinking. Hmmm. What about my life? When people look at me, do they see God's Word on my face? Do they see Him in my life? How am I making Christ known to those who don't know Him?

In church this past Sunday, we prayed about getting rid of the spirit of timidity and putting on boldness for Christ. I want that for my life. I may not put God's word on my face with my eyeliner, but I do want people to see Him in everything that I do.

2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of self-discipline." (NIV)

So, if I'm reading this right, I shouldn't be scared to let others see Christ in all I do. I should use His power in me to show Him to others. I should use love to show Him to others. I should use self-discipline to show Him to others. There is a boldness that comes from doing God's will. You know that nothing and no one can successfully come against you. There is a peace that comes from doing God's will. A joy! That is my prayer for today, and every day from now on. I want a boldness to cover everything I do for Christ. I want to lose my concern about what the world may think, and be consumed with concern that I not let my Lord down.

I was going to blog today about starting a Bible Study. The book I selected is a great book, but now I feel led to work on another one. It's one that I've studied from before, but I think that God has something new to show me. I have to be faithful to His leading. Here's the Bible Study that I'm going to start. I'll be posting lessons from it every week. Obviously, with copyright laws, I can't just post the whole book. Check it out, and let me know if you decide to read along with me.

http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodID=34076

I hope to find the workbook that goes along with it by next week. If not, I'll just use the mini one in the back of the book.

I have one more post for today, unless I find the transcript of the prayer today. Hang tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment