Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Vision of His Glory - Chapter Two Part Two

Well, things are finally settling down here. Everyone seems to be over their sickies, and there are no pressing emergencies. Phew! It's been a long few weeks.

I'm so excited about today's lesson. We get to see Christ! This is shouting time. The image of Him in Revelation 1:12-16 fills me with joy and hope. If He is for me, then there is none that can stand against me.

John turns to look and see who's talking to him in the first part of verse 12. Then, he turns around and sees seven lampstands. Now, this is the point when previously, I would have given up. The symbolism in Revelation really does seem to put people off. But those who pray and listen to God will find such beautiful imagery. Personally, I think that sometimes God puts the imagery in there to confound those who really don't want to understand, or aren't willing to lean on Him for understanding. But that's just my opinion.

The seven lampstands are the seven churches that Jesus mentions in verse 11. They are to receive the Words that He is speaking. Imagine Jesus mentioning your church by name. Mentioning you by name. He does know you and cares so very much for you. Here are verses 13-16. I'm going to show you what each symbol means. The portions in red are my notes.

Revelation 1:13-16 (New International Version)
13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man (Jesus - remember John knew Him personally),"dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest (like the priests of those days wore, but more glorious - gold signifies royalty - our King). 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow (He is pure and wise), and his eyes were like blazing fire (His eyes burn with anger over the treatment of believers). 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace (to trample over everything that isn't pleasing to Him), and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters (His voice and Word will drown out everything else). 16In his right hand he held seven stars (The seven stars stands for the angels of the churches. He controls them to do His work and will), and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword (His Word brings a two fold surgery, if you will. One side of the sword cuts out everything that is contrary to Him, and the other side offers salvation to those who are willing to face the first side). His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance (He blocks out all darkness. Light overcomes darkness and He is our light).

Christ, the Son of Man, is our priest and king, our avenger and judge, our Lord and the Light to the world. And He loves us and calls us by name! This is also a blueprint for us to judge our lives by. No one can be perfect. But we can listen to God, let Him lead our lives, and be blessed with the knowledge that we don't have to have all the answers. We can strive towards walking in wisdom - His wisdom. We can judge if our own thoughts and motives are pure - His purity. We can allow correction to come into our lives - His double edged judgement that brings life with that correction. We can listen to His voice and not our own. We can let Him guide us. We can follow Him, and not ourselves. We can let His light penetrate every area of darkness we may be hiding in our own lives, hiding even from ourselves.

Does this all sound impossible to you? It is impossible, by our own efforts. But God. I LOVE those two words. BUT GOD! wanted us to have hope. He wanted us to regain that relationship with Him that He always intended. All you have to do is accept that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for your sins, and let Him live and work in you. That's it. Once you take that step and get out of God's way, He takes over and shows you what to do. I'm not talking some mindless drone-type living. No Stepford Wives here. God gives you free will. But having Him in you gives you this hunger for more and more - of His Word, His Presence, His Will, just plain Him.

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then please, say this prayer with me. Then, send me a message or comment to let me know of your decision. I will rejoice for you and help you as much as I can.

Lord, I am a sinner. I have done things in my life that I know are wrong. But Your word says that if I believe in your Son Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for me and the forgiveness of my sins, I will be forgiven and come into Your kingdom. Please Lord, forgive me. I need You. Transform me into Your plan for me. Praise you Lord. Thank You for this wonderful gift of salvation. I accept. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Welcome to the Kingdom! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!! First, I'd suggest that you read Luke 15 to see how much all of Heaven is rejoicing over this moment. I can send it to you if you need it. Praise God! He is so good. I can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment