Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am blessed!

So, I admit it. I'm totally fallible. What, you didn't know that? Well, I am. Take today, for example. I am having a problem with a piece of candlemaking equipment. Actually, it's the wax melter vat. That holds 300 pounds of wax. That has about 50 pounds in there right now. That needs one part replaced, but it's expensive, and we don't have it, and wax is an important part of candles, and on and on and on. I've worried and researched and even vented to my husband about it.

You know, I love having an annointed husband. I really do. It's just frustrating at times when he makes sense, and says what I know to be true, but don't want to hear. I would rather worry and come up with my own solution to things. But God! in His wisdom gave me this incredible man who snaps me out of the worry, stress, and strife. John asked me if I prayed. My reply? "Of course I did! And I'll pray more!" How dare he question my prayers!

John then emailed me with a reminder of some of the negative things I said during the course of today, and sent me these verses.

James 1:5If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
6Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind.
7For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord,
8[For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides].

Oh that he would have stopped at verse 5! But now I know. And once you know, you are accountable for it. All kidding aside, I am so grateful to have such a loving husband that he would give me correction like this. I'm so grateful to have a loving God to give me such a husband! And now, I'm off to go get some stuff done before church tonight. Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment