Thursday, March 26, 2009

Still here

Wow! Life has kicked into overdrive. I love that downward slide to the end of the school year. Big projects get wrapped up, moods lighten up, and no more ambushes from teachers about my children missing assignments. lol Yes, we have another 9 weeks of school left and I am counting down the days.

Our children go to a local country Christian school. Homeschooling is not an option for us because of custody arrangements, but we've found the next best thing. The school has a great family atmosphere. I volunteer in school, and the kids are active with their friends, as much as possible. I like the Christ-centered education that they receive. They are able to see people living and walking out their faith on a daily basis. I mean, that there are others that do it besides us. lol

I had some dental work done yesterday, and am still hurting. I'll take some Tylenol and go on with my day. John took the kids to school this morning, so I have had a quiet morning. I really have to remember to pack lunches at night. It makes everything go so smooth! The kids are settling into their chore lists really well. Once I took a look at what was being done by whom, I was able to balance things out much better. Great for one child, not so great for another.

In the busy-ness of life, I've gotten away from the $5 dinners that I was doing. So, back to that. With that in mind, here is the menu for the next week. Because of some changes around here (I'll explain in a few days), my grocery shopping is changing from Thursday to Friday next week. I've added an extra day in here to reflect that.

Thursday - Chicken and Rice soup (left over mashed potatoes for me)
Friday - Wraps with rice, veggies, and maybe shrimp
Saturday - Stuffed mushrooms and salad
Sunday - Pot Pie
Monday - Chicken and Dumplings
Tuesday - Spaghetti
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - Fried Rice

I always put in a leftovers day, but the reality is that sometimes we don't have leftovers. On those days, I make brinner - breakfast for dinner. I always have eggs on hand, and can do pancakes or omelets on short notice. I just throw in whatever veggies I have for omelets. A big hit every time.

John and I have been talking about the direction life has been going in. God has been so good and faithful. All He asks is that we be faithful in return. We're restructuring a lot of things around that. Two words that keep coming up are "Excellence" and "Integrity". Look for much more coming up on that.

Well, I have to run. I have grocery shopping to do, and Katelyn has a soccer game tonight. We're doing a family ice cream night after the game and dinner. Michael and I will be having Rice Dream ice cream treats - non-dairy chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate and rolled in peanuts. Yes, it's a splurge, but the fact that we actually found an ice cream treat we can eat is reason enough. That, and chocolate is always a good thing. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment